Forum

My Modified .308 Te...

Notifications
Clear all

My Modified .308 Texan SS

davidsng
(@davidsng)
Snowflake

I like to sure my my newest gun to my arsenal.  I am very pleased with my new gun and wish to sure my modifications and experience with this gun because it turned out perfect for me.

I put 1.1 liter cf bottle on it for only $150 which flatten out my shot curve to 7-9 shot at less than 20fps at 158fpe.

Then put a custom Maddog stock on it.  Had to call Doug Russel and he made it for in a month.  This help the rigidity of thr gun, plus took away the POI shifts from the cheek pressures because of the pressure the stock put under the bottle.

The projectile I picked was 75grain AVS dishtail.  This projectile is very accurate shot at 940-970 fps with a .13bc.  The lower harmonic issues, lower muzzle flip, and lower air consumption play positive parts in the gun's accuracy.

All this came together for 3rd place a the Modified Bigbore Competition at EBR 2021.

VIDEO:

This topic was modified 1 month ago 2 times by davidsng
Topic starter Posted : 26/10/2021 6:38 am
Atlas
(@atlasairgunner)
King Maker

That gun did perform really well. I liked how quiet it was too...for the power to noise ratio, it was probably the quietest 150fpe hunting platform you could make.

- Atlas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2021 7:00 am
davidsng
(@davidsng)
Snowflake

@hpaman Thank you!  That's why I love airguns: no ear plugs, no ears ring, to wild recoil, but still amazing accuracy!  I'm really pleased how this gun turned out.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/10/2021 11:02 am
RobertMcC
(@robertmcc)
Gunman I
Posted by: @davidsng

@hpaman Thank you!  That's why I love airguns: no ear plugs, no ears ring, to wild recoil, but still amazing accuracy!  I'm really pleased how this gun turned out.

Well should say those who are lucky to have or be allowed suppressed/ moderated airguns. Because not all are suppressed and not all are quiet. My country bans suppressor, even on airguns ( Airguns are firearms in the Criminal Code ) My Kral 26 FPE 177 was sooo loud, I had to goto a shooting range to shoot it. It was well over 100 DB loud, and rang my ears. And if I'm going to a shooting range, I'm not bringing an airgun. 

Here in Canada I preach ear protection. Because the whole "it's just an airgun" But many don't realize it can still cause hearing damage. 80 DB is when damage can occur. Most of mine are 80 and greater. Then people get kids into airguns, and their ear canals are smaller, and it amplifies the sound more. So what might be okay for us, may not be for them. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2021 7:05 am
Share: